Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Last of the Original I Dream of Jeannie?

I visited Steve Ihnat's IMDB webpage today, to check out the TV schedule for him that they have. (As for every actor.) His Gunsmoke episode, Exodus 21:22 will be airing on Friday, October 2, 2009, by the way.

Anyway, I noticed that of the 7 videos you used to be able to watch there, the I Dream of Jeannie episode was missing. (My Master the Rainmaker, in which Steve plays the meek and shy Sgt Ben Roberts, opposite Barbara Eden as Jeannie and Larry Hagman as Major Anthony Nelson.) So I went to the IMDB page for I Dream of Jeannie. You used to be able to watch all of those episodes...but now they are all gone.

And I'm wondering...they're remaking I Dream of Jeannie as a movie to be released in 2010, so did the producers decide to forbid the free viewing of all old episodes of the TV show, prepatory to releasing them on DVD or something?

In that regard, it's interesting, as you can watch every episode of Star Trek from the IMDB site (although the original versions, not the remastered, special effects added ones.) [And what's sad about that is, in the first season theme music, a vocalist named Loulie Jean Norman sang the melody line (not words, just the melody), but the episodes on DVD today don't have her vocal for some reason!Perhaps whoever owns the rights to the TV shows doesn't want to pay Norman's heirs the copyright due her each time that theme music plays, which is a damn shame.

However, you can hear it at YouTube:

No comments: