Saturday, October 24, 2009

What's Going on With the Inheritors?

I have a counter on my Steve Ihnat Tribute Site (Brief Candle) which not only tells me that someone has visited, but also where they are from, what kind of browser they use, and how they found the site.

99% of my visitors find the site from the link on Steve's wikipedia page, but today, I've gotten three times as many visitors as normal...and they all come to the site after having done a search on The Outer Limits The Inheritors.

And being a curious soul, I wonder why. I checked the IMDB and the episode isn't being shown anywhere (which is a pity. Much as I love the Twilight Zone marathons on the SciFi channel, I wish they'd show The Outer Limits once in a while!) but it's too much of a coincidence to think of dozens of people throughout the US just choosing today to look up The Inheritors. Perhaps it's being screened on some country-wide online film class, or something.

Anyway, in one way it's a pity. I had interviewd Steve's widow, Sally Ihnat-Marshall, a couple of weeks ago, and haven't had time to upload it yet. But one of the things she told me was that Steve had ad-libbed the entire final speech he makes to Ballard, when Ballard (Robert Duvall) is trying to get the mind-controlled men to fight back and release the children that they are taking away in the space ship. And it's that speech that many fans of this episode say has them sitting there with tears on their faces...

That would have been a nice little paragraph to share on my website's Inheritor's page, but I just haven't done it yet!

No comments: